Thursday, February 24, 2011

Even More Museful Thoughtings

Gadhafi blames Bin Laden for the revolution in Libya. I'll be honest, I never figured that when he kept talking about "foreign intelligence services," he was actually referring to al Qaeda. Does he think that somehow America will be on his side now? Like we're going go with the "enemy of my enemy is my friend" philosophy?
Ahmadinejad says Egyptians and Libyans are right to throw off their oppressors. He apparently doesn't feel the same way for Iranians. Does he think that we don't know he's oppressing is own people? Maybe he thinks we listen to what he says but don't know anything about what he does. I wonder if he's even heard of the internet.

I think the problem with both these guys are their yes-men. Although I'm not quite sure what other answer Gadhafi or Ahmadinejad would accept that would allow the yes-men to remain alive.

With all the craziness going on this week, unrest in the Midwest, lack of peace in the Middle East, NBA trades up the yin-yang, it's easy to confuse stories. For example, Libya just sent Gadhafi, a 2011 protected first round pick and 1 mil in cash to Iran for Ahmadinejad and the Tea Party traded Palin, Bachmann, Glenn Beck, two first-rounders and cash to the Republicans for Huckabee.

Wait, what are we talking about again?


For non-celebrities, such as myself, if someone follows us on twitter, are we required to follow them back? If it's not required, is it considered poor form not to follow them? If you do not follow someone who follows you, how long do they need follow you before dropping you because you were the jerk who didn't follow them back?

So far I have had three celebrities, well one celebrity and two Sports Illustrated writers, but for the purposes of this blog I will refer to them as celebrities, respond to my tweets. So I got that going for me. Which is nice. One thing I notice about twitter, celebrities are just as funny as the rest of us, in that more often than not they aren't really funny.

Which is kind of funny.

According to dictionary.com, one of the definitions of Factoid is: "something fictitious or unsubstantiated that is presented as fact, devised especially to gain publicity and accepted because of constant repetition."

What that means is that the word Factoid is itself a Factoid.

Which is also funny.

I should be a celebrity - I think I have just a high a percentage of funny to unfunny posts as anyone famous.

No comments: