Thursday, June 16, 2011

Republican'ts

I am a Democrat and a bleeding heart liberal, but it doesn't mean that I only toe the company line. There are a few things I agree with Republicans on.

For example, I also didn't think we should have committed troops to getting rid of a crazy, maniacal dictator who suppresses his people but whose country holds oil up the yin-yang.

And yet, we still sent forces into Iraq.

I know Republicans are really worked up about raising the debt ceiling, but I really don't care one way or the other. In my defense, at least I'm consistent. I also didn't care when Bush raised the debt ceiling seven times.

I guess raising the debt ceiling is like telling a joke over and over again. It's always funny the first seven times, but it loses its humor the eighth go-around.

I wonder if Republicans know that Ronald Reagan tripled the national debt, that Elder Bush doubled the national debt and that Younger Bush added four trillion to the national debt and raised the debt ceiling seven times. Good thing Republicans don't, because otherwise those three might be voted off Conservative Island.

Michele Bachmann scares me (not just because of her politics). She has the crazy eyes. I can't watch her on television for more than a few minutes (not just because of her politics). I feel her eyes watching me.

If I have learned anything from Barney Stinson, it's that we always should steer clear of women with the crazy eyes.

No comments: