Friday, August 12, 2011

OPO (Other People's Opinions)

I am a bleeding heart liberal. I have never tried to hide my political beliefs; I would say that many people feel that I am too open with my opinions. Even in disagreement, I try to see the other side's point of view. In arguments, I attempt to keep an open mind and remember that although the other person's opinion differs from mine, it doesn't make said other person any less intelligent.

But after seeing reaction to recent events, I have to wonder if people haven't lost their minds. I know I am supposed to keep an open mind and not judge others for their opinions, but in this situation I just can't. When it comes to this hot topic, there is one - and only one - right answer. The fact that other people don't see it the way I do makes me nervous for the future of our country.

But facts are facts. And the fact is, Sarah Palin is hotter than Michelle Bachmann.

It's not even close. It's not even up for debate. The idea that people feel otherwise shows how bad of a shape our country is in. Not only are we obese, racist, prejudiced and stupid; we're also blind.

No comments: