Thursday, October 25, 2012

Post NFL-Week 7 Predic...

I was going to make my Post NFL week 7 predictions. I really was. I sat down, all prepared to look into the future to tell you how last week's NFL games were going to play out.

But then I saw the news. Something so shocking, so upsetting, that I knew I would never be able to predict the past.

Taylor Swift and Conor Kennedy broke up.

I couldn't believe what I was reading. A 22-year-old superstar musician and a high school senior couldn't make a relationship last past three months. If they couldn't make it work, what hope do the rest of us have?

Swift reacted the way any 22-year-old superstar who has allegedly broken up 12 times in the past four years: she cried on national television. It was like the exact opposite of Tom Cruise jumping on a couch proclaiming his love for Scientology Katie Holmes.

But what if Swift had planned this all along? What if she realized early in her career that she wrote better songs when she was sad? What if all of her dating was her way of getting the best out of herself? If she was a guy, would we be praising her for being liked to all of these A-list people?

So many questions, so few answers. So the predictions will be off this week, while I try to wrap my brain around this horrible news. And in a few weeks, when Swift begins dating again, and then a few months later when she breaks up, these feelings will come back again. That is my lone prediction for today.

No comments: